Friday, May 16, 2014

I knew I loved you before I met you

Our "wedding" photo at the court house on his lunch break!
If you would have told me that my 30's would kick the shit of my 20's, I would've laughed in your face. I had an awesome job, a great group of friends and family, worked hard and partied harder. But just a few months after I turned 30, my life would change in ways that I could have never dreamed.

Of course for us, it's only fitting that an annual March Madness Bracket is what brought us together, because if nothing else, we both have an almost unhealthy love for all things sports (and maybe gambling for that matter). Ross and I met basically via facebook in a conversation about a March Madness Bracket. Only 1 small issue, Ross lived in Fort Lauderdale and I lived in Phoenix, challenge accepted!
Pictures or it didn't happen!
Days before I met Ross I knew I needed a change of scenery, I had peaked out at work, and Arizona wasn't bringing anything great my way in the relationship department either. So I put in for a transfer to Florida with my company and also sent out resumes to 3 or 4 companies in the Fort Lauderdale area. My mind was made up within weeks of "meeting" him, I wanted to move to Florida asap. I flew to Florida a few times for interviews and for trips to Disney and to take care of Ross when he had shoulder surgery. So 2 months after meeting him, on Memorial Day weekend I packed up my car and my pops and drove 2300 miles to Florida. I left a job I had for 6 years, a state I had lived in for 25 years and a every single friend and family I had. Looking back now, I know if I had thought about this for even a minute longer I would not be where I am today... Ross hates when I say this, but I moved here for him and for us. As crazy as that may sound, I wanted out of Arizona and I wanted to move somewhere new, but I NEVER would have, had it not been for him!
About a week after I moved to Florida
While I miss my friends and family in Arizona terribly and all the comforts of "home" I would not change anything about the last 4 years. Moving to Florida is up there with one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have made a whole new set of friends and family, I have a wonderful job and of course the most thoughtful, handsome step-son and a beautiful, sassy daughter. 

So Happy 3rd Anniversary to my husband (I bought him a belt) the father of my beautiful children and the calm to my crazy. 

I love you because of all of the times you leave shit in your pockets and I don't find out until after I have washed them, the way you leave every cupboard in your wake open, the way you leave the toilet seat up as if it were a game to see if I fall in one night.. Bust most of all I love you because of the way love me in spite of my temper, quick reactions and crazy emotions.

 Here are some highlights from the last 3 years, I could post a million photos here from state to state, country to country, concerts, sports stadiums, amusement parks, etc, but I will save you the envy. 
January 2012 Family photos
Who doesn't love a man in short rugby shorts?

Thanksgiving 2012

Christmas 2013


Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! You have to risk it to get the biscuit! I love how brave you were. My 30's were so much better than my 20's. I can't wait to see what the 40's bring.

    ReplyDelete