Friday, April 4, 2014

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes

I recently started an April fitness photo challenge with my boot camp. The first day was to post your April Goal, I picked a quote and it was: "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference" -Winston Churchill. So I am to make changes to my attitude and my overall outlook. I'm really hoping I can keep up a little more regularly with this little piece of the interwebs. Like at least once a week! Sitting outside last night with my beautiful husband next to the pool on the most perfect Florida Spring evening, I began to self reflect a little..(I'm sure the Seagram's had nothing to do with it). Reflection on how far I have come and how far I can still go. I started to think about how I got here, and how blessed I am.

It has been almost 4 years since my friends and family basically looked at me like they had seen a ghost. Almost 4 years since my dad and I got in my car packed with all of my "things" and drove (let's be real here, I drove like 8 hours of the 30 hour trip) across the country from Arizona to Florida. Almost 4 years since I met my soon to be sister in law and father in law in a tiny pub in Boca. Who knew that this tiny pub would speak volumes about how my weekends would change forever.

In 4 years I have gained a husband, a handsome smart and loving step-son and my most precious gain my gorgeous, almost 3 year old, Amelia. I have gained an amazing set of friends thanks to my husband being a part of (what he would call) the best sport in the world, rugby. In 4 years I have also done things that I never in my wildest dreams thought I would or could do. From sporting events at the likes of Wrigley and Lambeau to running a half marathon, para-sailing in Fort Myers Beach and losing 40 pounds (I know I know, I have gained a few back).

The point to me writing all of this down is I have lost focus recently and lost the ability somehow to juggle it all. I still have so far to go and I want to go farther. I LOVE to run, yet after my first half I can't get my shit together enough to properly train for another run (although I did PR in November at my second half). I love boot camp but I haven't been since I left for Arizona on 3/14. I love hot yoga but it's easily been a month since I have been to practice. I will find the balance of family and fitness and I will change my lifestyle to keep myself and my family healthy and happy.

I am so incredibly blessed to be able to run the 7 mile bridge run tomorrow with my sister in law. This has been one of those things I have been dying to do, but it always sells out in like 5 minutes. I woke up at 530 am one morning in February and sat at my computer hopeful that I would get in, and I did! I have not trained as much as I have wanted to, but I will not beat myself up for that.

I am signing up today for a 10k road race that you take like an hour break from and the run a 5k after. It is in mid May which gives me about 6 weeks to train, and train I will. And I will still go to boot camp 3-4 days per week, and get to hot yoga once a week and still find time for my friends and family, and I will do it with a big tired smile on my face! I have goals and my goals are too important to let my bad attitude get in the way!

What fun races do you have coming up?

3 comments:

  1. I am SO excited to see you blogging again, Andrea! :) Have a great race tomorrow! I finally got back into training regularly again too - March was my month to finally GTFOI and kick it back into gear :) I have 3 Halfs coming up - 2 in May and 1 in July. I'm planning to train hard and hopefully PR one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome Andrea!!! Good luck on the run tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete