Thursday, September 5, 2013

I'm not gonna do what everyone thinks I'm gonna do and... FLIP OUT man

I am trying to be calm about this, but I am SO excited for running season to be almost back for good! It's still pretty warm here, but early morning runs are definitely on the schedule. Speaking of schedules, I have tentatively decided to do my second half in November. I have less than 8 weeks to train, one of those weeks will be in England and 4 days in San Antonio for work, so if I can stick to the first 4-5 weeks of training, I am signing up. You get a medal AND a dozen doughnuts for finishing.. Bonus! My shorts are begging for my thighs to start running again... so here we go. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. You have to keep a 13:00 min pace for the first 7 miles in order to not get stopped by the bridge opening, and although I am normally around an 11 min mile, I'm still sort of freaking out about having a time limit. Just have to put the rubber to the road and see what I can do. First 4 mile training run is this afternoon.

We learned to make scary faces
Summer is quickly coming to an end we only have 2 more trips actually planned. Ross, my sister in law Gayle and I are going to St Augustine next weekend for the Gentlemen of the Road Tour (Mumford and Sons, fun., Edward Sharpe <----- dying for this one, etc). Then we are off to jolly 'ol England on the 18th. Can not wait for Liam to experience London! He has been before but he was a little younger than Amelia is now and has no memories of it. Really looking forward to meeting all of my husbands family.

Hopefully I have something fabulous to report tomorrow... I will leave you with a photo dump of our summer.

I got to meet Miss Haylee 
Surprise 60th in AZ for my dad
We spent a lot of time at the beach
Lots of lunches and brunches at the beach
She's not in love with the sound of the waves
We found a splash pad to walk to from our house
I tried stand up paddleboard yoga for the 1st time
We spent time with friends
Loved our siblings
besties!











1 comment:

  1. Love the title of your post. Love that movie... and.. I love fall running.

    ReplyDelete